Foodics offers an all-in-one cloud-based POS (point-of-sale) restaurant management system for sales, inventory, employee scheduling, intelligent business reports and uses big data to predict customer behavior. It helps food and beverage outlets optimize their business operations through iOS apps in English and Arabic using an iPad. Foodics has been selected as one of the most promising Saudi startups by Forbes Middle East for three consecutive years since 2016. Today, more than 1500 food outlets use Foodics across Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt and the UAE.
University friends CEO Ahmad Alzaini and CTO Mosab Al Othmani first founded Foodics in 2014 in Khobar, Saudi Arabia, which stemmed from their first company Alwans, an app development and investment company. By 2015, the two entrepreneurs enrolled in the BADIR Program for Technology Incubators in Riyadh. It gave them an expert knowledge base for a growing business which helped them explore international clients.
After just two years of operation, Foodics boomed and the cofounders decided to put all their efforts into the thriving company, which was serving 34 clients in Saudi Arabia by 2016. Foodics now has a team of 75 employees in Riyadh, Jeddah, Khobar, and Dubai, spreading the technology to fast-food chains, coffee shops, food trucks and fine-dine restaurants.
By September 2017, Alzaini and Al Othmani raised $4 million in a Series A funding round, led by Saudi strategic investors, Raed Ventures. Saudi-based Riyad TAQNIA Fund and Naseel Holding, and San Francisco-based 500 Startups also joined Foodics’ first external funding round. In January 2018, Foodics opened their first international office in Dubai, UAE.
- Seamless operation with multiple devices and from any location in English and Arabic.
- Uncovers patterns and correlations in the market trends through Big Data.
- Runs in the Cloud so that important information is kept safe.
- Works offline, bringing ease of use to off-the-grid clients.
- Integrates with third-party apps, which include online delivery services, accounting, business intelligence and much more.
- Regular system updates to refine the experience and improve the performance.
- Ability to export data into multiple formats.
- 24/7 customer support and one-on-one training for clients.
Ahmed Alzaini CEO – Co-founder