Golden Scent is a Saudi-based e-commerce platform that serves as an online destination and store for premium fragrances and beauty products. It delivers perfumes, makeup, and cosmetics from international brands throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Their website receives more than 300,000 visitors each month.
Ronny Froehlich graduated from the University of Applied Science in Bremen, Germany, in 2008. He attended an international management study program specialized in the Arab markets and went on to work in corporate management in several countries, including Equatorial Guinea, Tanzania, Cairo, and the UAE. At a stopover in Germany, he had the business idea of founding a platform for beauty products in Saudi Arabia. He founded the company in 2014 with Malik Al-Shehab. The startup has offices in Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Jordan but sells and ships its products in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia until a further expansion.
The company announced closing a Series A round with an undisclosed amount, led by Saudi Aramco, Entrepreneur Venture, and Equitrust, the Chicago-based insurance company, along with Wamda Capital and Raed Ventures in December 2017.
- The company only offers original products of more than 120 recognized international premium brands.
- Every month, thousands of customers receive a GoldenScent-Box at their doorsteps.
- The webshop allows easy navigation and exciting packages in which the products are shipped for free.
- Free delivery is provided for orders that exceed 300 Saudi Riyals.
- Free samples are provided with any purchase.
- Customers can pay with cash on delivery of the products.
- The delivery can be tracked with Aramex.
- Returns of products are easy and require no additional costs for the customers.
Ronny Froehlich Co-Founder & Managing Director
Malik Al-Shehab Co-Founder & Managing Director