Trukker is an online truck hiring company based in the UAE and India. It makes the entire process of moving homes, offices, pickups, and goods between cities. Trukker is efficient, transparent, and reliable as it uses a real-time mobile application. The Trukker application connects the small and medium transporters with the dynamic demand of the consumers to provide convenience and cost-effectiveness.
Gaurav Biswas used to be a director for the global consulting firm Aecom, where he participated in some of the company’s most important projects in the UAE. After learning about the struggles to obtain a truck for personal pickups in India, he consulted with his co-founder Pradeep Mallavarpu, on launching a truck hiring business. The two co-founders launched Trukker at the end of 2015.
The company has passed three funding rounds. The first round started in December 2015 with a self-funding investment of $300,000. It was launched commercially in October 2016. In May 2017, the company announced that it had achieved 1,000 percent growth since its launch. The second investment round was in July 2017, when the company was funded with an undisclosed investment by the Kuwait-based Arzan Venture Capital. In December 2017, Raed Ventures led a $1.4 million (5.25 million Saudi Riyals) seed investment round for Trukker UAE, with the participation of Averroes Ventures, Riyad TAQNIA, and the 500 Startups Fund.
TruKKer currently offers its services to 100 corporates in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Oman. TruKKer trucks are hired in hundreds of monthly home moves. Currently, the company is working on opportunities to expand its offices in Saudi Arabia by hiring business development personnel in several regions in the Kingdom.
- Trukker is the first and only online truck hiring application in the UAE.
- Consumers can book a truck instantly for single trips or individual pickups with high availability.
- The member trucks undergo verifying background checks. They undertake rigorous training for compliance with Trukker’s technology, professional, and operational standards.
- TruKKer has a large network and a wide variety of trucks all over the UAE.
- TruKKer’s operations support custom clearance at the Gulf Cooperation Council borders.
- Trukker trucks allow the users to track them in real time to reduce communication errors. The users can receive status updates during the transaction.
Gaurav Biswas (CEO, TruKKer)
Pradeep Mallavarapu. (CTO, TruKKer)