Morni is a mobile application that provides road-side assistance for vehicle breakdowns in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf Countries. It uses the user’s GPS to deliver assistance in different cases of vehicle failures. This assistance includes car towing, battery service and replacement, tire changes as well as fuel delivery. The company provides service points at convenient locations to provide rapid help in such circumstances and with affordable prices. It has a network of more than 6000 providers serving customers in the UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, and Qatar. The Morni app has been downloaded more than 500,000 times on Android and Apple.
Salman Al-Suhaibaney faced the predicament of having a flat tire when he was driving at late hours near Riyadh 4 years ago. He was unable to change the tire due to a jam, and he had to contact several car service stations without success. This nightmare that lasted 5 hours inspired him to offer a solution. In June 2014, he quit his job to develop the Morni application and was able to launch it in August 2015.
The startup raised $1.1 million from Raed Ventures and 500 Startups in 2016. The company also partnered with luxurious car companies such as Bentley, Lamborghini, and Ferrari to transport vehicles to their customers in Saudi Arabia.
- The user can easily register on the app using just a phone number.
- The user chooses the desired service from the Morni mobile app. Service requests are instantly processed and the nearest service provider is dispatched, using GPS, to the location of the user.
- The service is available 24/7.
- Morni has partnered with top service companies to ensure high-quality services.
- Using the application is free and no credit cards are required. The payment is done after the service.
Salman Al-Suhaibaney Chief Executive Officer